Archery Talk Forum banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews Media About

• · Registered
    148 Posts
    Howzit David!!! Was hopeing you could help with something. I wanna apply for a preffrence point in WY. but am a little puzzled on the whole thing. This being new to me. So the question is, when applying for a pp do you just apply for one pp and the you choose where you want to use it? ie, elk, muley, etc. Or do you have to apply to a specific species?? ie.apply for 1pp for elk, 1pp for muley, 1pp for spear goat??? Hope this makes sense. And thanks in advance. Hope the weather and maitais are treating you good!!!

· Registered
    148 Posts
    Lol!!! Oh ok!!! Yea they get it done. I know Josh Dela Cruz (aka pipes) too. Aloha is a real cool guy. He hunts archery too. We're actualy planning a hunt together here next season. You should hook up with him. Yea prob not gonna be hunting myself this season. Still getting settled. But hopefuly gonna tag along with my one friend who has permision to hunt our neighbors 4k aceres. Maybe help him call. That's solid you getting in with all those guys!!! Def the way to take advantige of all that Hawaii has to offer. Sounds to me that your yearly elk trips mite be the only time you come back to the mainland. Well good luck in the woods and on the water. We'll hook in may I'm sure do some hunting or just cruise talk hunting fishing storys. Shoot!!!

Aloha!!! Tim.

· Registered
    148 Posts
    Ho Mean!!!! I've heard and watch YouTube of the gila units. I hope one of those monsters come across your path!!! Solid on getting into the kayak fishing scene. I don't know rocket but my good friend Aloha Gannon is part of them you'll meet him soon if you haven't already. He fishes with Isac and all them. Well good luck at going holo holo!!! And hope to see a picture of a monster in a thread after your hunts.

Aloha!!!! Tim

· Registered
    148 Posts
    Howzit David!!!!! So what action??? Was great to meet and shoot with you and allen!!! Wish couldve met up again to shoot some tasty piggies but got busy. I'm sure time can't move fast enough for your elk hunts to get here. Well hope to keep in touch on here and maybe can meet up to do some hunting when I visit Hawaii in may. Till then good luck in the woods Aloha!!! Tim.

· Registered
    148 Posts
    Eh howzit David!!! You still planning on being at the shoot??? You know any info on the shoot??? Time,lunch,cost,etc.??

· Registered
    148 Posts
    There's a shoot at the kapolei range on the 21st? I'm not sure how long you plan on living in Hawaii. But if it's going to be long term you could join the archery club and that would give you accesse to the range during the week. Meeting up sounds good! I actualy fly in next Tuesday in the evening. My girlfriend and I are spending a few weeks there while our car ships to LA. Congrats on drawing NM! Kind of sucks you gotta fly back instead of just driving. But yea I'll message you when I get settled on Oahu and we can set up a time to meet on the day of the shoot. Looking foward to meeting!!!

Aloha!!!
    Tim

· Registered
    148 Posts
    Aloha trophyhill!! What part of Oahu do you live? Were you to find the public hunting areas? I grew up on the westside in makakilo. Most know the area as kapolei. If you got any questions about areas Im more then happy to help. Oh and if you haven't found it yet the archery range is in kapolei too. You'll find some real nice folks there that are more then will to share. Aloha!!!!

· Registered
    4,352 Posts
    Ha Ha......now dave I've tried to pull a fast one every now and then:wink: but I would never try to pass off a deer I didn't shoot. I got him the weekend before thanksgiving this year. 6 hours in the stand with the first 3 hours freezing drizzle. I was questioning my sanity for a while,ha ha.

· Registered
    4,352 Posts
    Dave whats going on buddy. Haven't talked to you in a while. Tough luck in OH man, thier nose is the thing to beat for sure. You'll have to send me some pics of the elk you get this year :wink: Glen and I came up empty in Co this year but we had a great time (as always). Deer season went a little better here in KS. I still have one doe tag left but I'll wait till after rifle season is over. That will be after this weekend. I have the week between Christmas and new years off this year so if nothing else I have a few days to camp out in a tree. Lots of memories and stories this year which is why I do this thing, right! I'll try to post up a picture of my deer this year. If it doesn't work I'll just PM it to you. Hope you have the greatest luck the rest of the season

· Archers Helping Archers
    2,094 Posts
    Hey Dave,
    It was cool chating with ya on the US Airways flight to CAK. Good luck hunting on your trip. I'd say the Ohio rut is in full swing. The weather for this week looks good too. Latter,

- Brian

· Registered
    8,168 Posts
    lol no not yet. that fire is a couple hundred miles from where i live. but the smoke is definitely lingering where i live just east of Albuquerque. i don't think i drew a tag this year in NM but.... i did draw a tag for CO. GSelkhunter and i will be chasing elk or should i say killing elk in sept in CO. cant wait.

· Registered
    1,989 Posts
    First, I'm wishing you a better year than the year before. Secondly I'm wishing you the best of luck on your upcoming muley hunt.
    I noticed the mention of an antelope approach for the deer you seek on that recent thread of yours. That may be on point. I'm not sure of your resources, but I saw a show where they used a horse to approach the antelope without spooking them and then stepped from behind the the horse to shoot.
    And then there is the mirror like blind devise you can hide behind as you approach. There may be options depending...
    Just food for thought... Good luck.

· Registered
    2,313 Posts
    I'm ok still hurting :( I'm needing a back rub I think or some good pain pills! Glad you did well again. I was talking about you tonight.....all good I promise :)~
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…