Archery Talk Forum banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(5.0 - 15 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · "One shot, One Kill"
    2,056 Posts
    Saw your message on my post and knew exactly what DUSTOFF was lol... 2010-2011 i was in afghanistan working with DUSTOFF out of Camp Dwyer .. i work with attack helicopters

· Registered
    2,672 Posts
    Phobius--thanks so much. And, you are right, I flew Dustoff, or in plain language, medical evacuation choppers during Viet Nam, and on through 1990. After that the Army decided I was too old and took my chopper and gave me an "LMD" or large metal desk. Not good!!

I like to think there are folks around today who know/knew their grandfather, father, brother, uncle, cousin, etc due to my efforts, but it wasn't my efforts alone--there were 4 of us in the chopper with one thing on our minds--get the wounded/injured soldier to the right hospital in the quickest time.

The tradition is still alive, and I'm going to Ft. Hood, Tx tomorrow to welcome home one of our units that just returned from an overseas combat zone. Our organization (Dustoff Association) does that for each returning unit--to recognize their service and carrying on the tradition. Not the same welcome as I got in '71 when I came back, so we are not going to let that repeat.

Thanks again,

Allen (Dustoff 707)

· Registered
    3 Posts
    Allen I guessed from your avatar that you served, I was too young graduated in 76 but I never pass up an opportunity to say thank you to those who served. So Thank you for your service and I'm also guessing that you saved a few lives if Dust-offer is what I believe it to be.

Jerry
    Manchester Ct

· Registered
    2,672 Posts
    Yep--flew in northern I Corps in 70-71, to include the Laos invasion. Ended up spending 30 yrs in uniform and loved every minute of it (well, almost).

Thanks for the welcome--we got darn few of them-

Allen
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…