Archery Talk Forum banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(5.0 - 78 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews Albums About

• · Registered
    8,500 Posts
    Hey Ed ole buddy been a while I guess I hadn’t been on here in quiet some time brother! Hope all is well with ya

· Anti Fanboy
    49,991 Posts
    At that time, I had an 08 Allegiance that I turned down to low 50's. I just had to wait for a while to heal up.

Lots of new bows out today that are smooth and have an easy DFC. I'm now shooting an Answer and really like the draw on it. I have it tuned for 57.5# now that my shoulder is healed but it will never be the same.

Good luck on finding one that you can manage. And don't be afraid to buy a 50 pounder for now. You can always sell it later and can shoot a good COC head for this season.

Good Luck to you.

Skeet.

· Registered
    392 Posts
    Hi Skeet - Noticed you had shoulder surgery....me too. Still recovering at the 4 week point. I'm selling my 60-70lb Reezen and will be looking for a 50-60lb bow but something with a smooth draw cycle. If you don't mind sharing, what bow did you end up with? There's a few out there that sound pretty good but I won't be able to test drive them until late fall. Thanks. Gary

· Registered
    260 Posts
    Ok I have another question for you. When you are doing the tunning do you need to use a press to twist the Yoke cables?

· Anti Fanboy
    49,991 Posts
    It's one, or both, of the cables where they hook to the cam axlels. Bowtech OD binary has dual yokes. Very tunable.

Most others just has one, like on most single cam bows. But Hoyts and some other two cam bows use them too.

It just makes tuning easier and you can work with cam lean better.

On Binarys bows, such as Elite, about the only thing you can do is shim or swap places with the limbs. If that doesn't work, then you need new limbs.

Skeet.

· Anti Fanboy
    49,991 Posts
    Cool! Never heard of them being called a "Turbo Dog" but it sure fits. LOL.

I call them my ADHD dogs. Jacks are the bestest in the whole wide world.

· Registered
    329 Posts
    Hey I just red your signature, our family just got a 12 weeks old JRT, we are VERY happy and very impressed how loving this turbo dog is, it is being a bless for our family (I have two kids, 8 and a 5 YO) so I just want to tell you that I share the passion for those dogs!

· Registered
    2,831 Posts
    Which elite are you shooting now? my buddy one a new Elite of his choice at a R100 bowshoot yesterday, he was pumped!

· Anti Fanboy
    49,991 Posts
    Hey its no problem. Glad he is taking care of you. He is a great guy for sure and has great prices.

· Registered
    54 Posts
    man thanks for telling me about meanv he is very helpful i ordered alot of things for my bow and ordering a limbdriver next week from him

· Admin
    Mossy Oak and Mathews
    33,249 Posts
    Check out your thread, I will help ya with your photos if needed. :thumb:
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…