Archery Talk Forum banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(5.0 - 39 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · Archery is a Passion...
    3,018 Posts
    Alan, greetings from an old friend that has been away from AT for a very long time... I need to find someone that can make me a new set of strings and cables for my Merlin XV... Any recommendations?

thenson
    Terry A. Henson
    Evansville, Indiana area.

· (aka lug nut)
    54,873 Posts
    Haven't bought strings or cables in quite a while. Twisted X seems popular these days.

· Registered
    49 Posts
    Hi Nuts&bolts, thank u so much for ur help on this archery forum, i have read tons of post that u helped , hope to see the "The Nuts & Bolts Of Archery 2018" pdf or the new version of it, im change from recurve to compound and it helped alot,
    if you ever think about the "The Nuts & Bolts Of Archery 2018" pdf, i guess alot of people here would like to help u, maybe something on the kickstart site ( i dont know if u know it, but its help to raise money for some objetive)
    have a good day

· Registered
    3,590 Posts
    Hey Alan...haven't been on here in FOREVER. Thought I would drop a note to say hi! Hope all is well with you. Glad to see you're still here. Have a great day!

· Registered
    0 Posts
    Hi, i'm new here, but one of Ikes Outdoors videos mentioned you had a sticky post on here about tuning and maintaining bows that I should check out. Can't find it though, you wouldn't happen to know which one he was talking about?

· (aka lug nut)
    54,873 Posts
    Hello Joe....nice to hear from you again. I'm looking forward to Iowa 2014. Might be sometime in June 2014. Need to hear back from the Hitaga folks. Responded to your pm message.

· Registered
    113 Posts
    This is Joe Pfannenstein. I'm a finger shooter and attended your clinic in Iowa this fall. I was reading the Adam 29 post about the 6 steps and another finger shooter was directed to send you a note to get the 6 steps for finger shooters. Could I get them too?
    The clinic was really informative and now I have to start practicing more. This darn work thing keeps getting in the way, especially being self-employed. "Make hay when the sun is shining!"
    Thanks, Hope to see you again sometime. Will all this stuff be on the DVD?
    Joe
    joesign88@gmail.com

· Registered
    394 Posts
    Just wanted to say thanks for all the great support you provide on here. It's most appreciated!
    Cheers,
    John

· Registered
    12 Posts
    Hi Alan,
    I’m going to prepare a list of causes and solutions about holding above/under gold. Regardless of being mentally issues (target panic) of holding above/under gold, what kind of “setup changes” should be fulfilled to eliminate any bad setup /equipment or form problems? Please guide me to list them.
    thanks

· (aka lug nut)
    54,873 Posts
    Sent you a pm.
    FIX the shooting posture.
    Ignore your floating yoke, and make tiny or medium or LARGE
    DL adjustments with twists in the bowstring (TOP and bottom) or
    try shorter DL modules or try SHORTER fixed DL cams.

Same for the Elite Tour. IT's all in the alignment of the release forearm.
    If the DL is too long, you pull the bowstring SIDEWAYS, when you release the arrow.

Reduce SIDEWAYS pull on the bowstring to zero,
    you get your bullet hole (shorten the DL)
    and fixed blade broadheads will hit with field points,
    ONLY when you fix the shooting posture (correct DL).

· Registered
    1,221 Posts
    Hi Alan
    How do I approach kitchen sink tuning with a floating yoke, like on the Darton 3800, or no yoke on the Elite Tour.
    Thanks Wade

· Registered
    39 Posts
    i have an 07 martin jaguar and the string keeps twisting on me ive tried rotating the d loop but it just ends up twisting more and more the peep is almost 180 the wrong way now

· Registered
    38 Posts
    Thank you for sharing your knowledge. You are helping my kids and I understand archery.We are from Canada.
    Thank you.

· Registered
    34 Posts
    Hi,
    Hope that you can help me here. I've been confusing with arrow length, draw length and AMO length because when i found an answer, 2 more question will pop in my head. So now i want to ask you personally because you always give the best answer.

let say that i have Hoyt Vantage Elite cam 1/2 plus that have amo length 26.5 to 29.
    when i measured my wingspan (69"/ 2.5), i will get 27.6" and this would be rough estimation of my draw length.

So,
    Where should i put my module slot?
    C = 27.5"
    or
    F = 29" (because 29"-1.75" would be 27.25")

and what would be my arrow length from nock groove to end of arrow tube? (will be shooting FITA)

Thanks in advanced. :)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…