Archery Talk Forum banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(5.0 - 25 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · Registered
    74 Posts
    Hi John, this is Tim Bush. You were kind enough to work with me for a couple of days last March as I was traveling through Texas. Do to health problems, not mine, I stuck in Illinois for the winter. I've just started working with an established JOAD club in my area. My question for you is.... in US Archery Barebow, I know the riser and any weights must be able to pass thru a certain size hole. I've tried to locate that information and couldn't find it and I knew if anyone knew ... it would be you. Thanks in advance for any information and once again, it was such a pleasure to work with you.

Tim Bush

· Registered
    125 Posts
    Hey John....mind if I bounce a few things off of you later this weekend. I use to shoot a ton and put it up to start a family and I got it all back out and have to say I am lost. I am going to see if I can tune my ace's today but a lots changed. I am thinking of switching to mckinneys possibly due to the high cost and hard for me to tune eastons.

MHoward

· Genesis 21:20
    25,540 Posts
    I like ARE rests, but have a lot of archers are using the Shibuya stick-on rest with the magnetic wire arm these days. It's a good rest as well. Of course, there is nothing wrong with the old Hoyt Super rest either. Even though it's cheap and plastic, many world class archers still use it.

John

· Registered
    319 Posts
    I am looking for an arrow rest for my Aeroteck. My current one has a vibration and I can not seen to get rid of it. What can you suggest?

Thanks for your help!

· Registered
    161 Posts
    Thankyou kindly for the insight into your sport. I am just a new archer that is trying to enter target shooting & yet to do so. :)

· Registered
    91 Posts
    John, are you the same guy who went to SFA Forestry/Wildlife and then was down at Aransas for a while? I remember coming down with Monty once and we went out Hog Hunting one night.

· Registered
    9,203 Posts
    John, can you please clear your inbox a bit? :) I wanted to PM you something.

25,540 Posts
    Hey there Greg! I haven't seen you since the 2006 clout shoot at Nationals in Colorado Springs!

Yes, they are an interesting limb to tune. I don't have the time to learn about them fully at the moment - the next stage of the Olympic trials begins in 30 days - but I will experiment with them more when the trials are over.

Thanks for the offer to help!

John

· Registered
    46 Posts
    John; I saw from one of your posts you had a set of HEX6's. You stated you had mixed experiences with them. I've been shooting a set or HEX5 RX for two years now and it has been an interesting journey to find a tune. I'd be curious to find out your impressions of them as I'm currently awaiting a set of HEX6 BB2's from Sid. Perhaps we could help each other figure them out. Once I found the tune the HEX5's have been the most amazing set of limbs I've ever shot. My email is g1225b@yahoo.com Thanks Greg Brown

25,540 Posts
    Todd, probably the most comprehensive site is still the USArchery.org (formerly the NAA). They have a tournament schedule page on there. Many state events are listed, along with the national events.

I'd also check your state archery assn's. Texas has both the Texas Archery Assn. (affiliated with USArchery) and the Texas Field Archery Assn. (affiliated with the National Field Archery Assn.). Their respective websites offer information about upcoming events.

Good luck and enjoy yourself!

John

· Registered
    2,397 Posts
    Hi John,

You're obviously a very knowledgeable olympic style archer, veteran of ArcheryTalk. I'm wondering if there is a webpage on this site that lists upcoming competitions. I'm a returning archer from 30+ years ago, but I'd like to soon (this Summer) shoot a 900 round or two.

thanks, Todd

25,540 Posts
    If you can get that Spig. Club barebow riser for what he's asking for it, do it. That's a great deal. But, the Winex riser is very good too. Personally, I like the Winact for barebow in the W&W line, or any of the Italian risers. I think the Spigarelli Explorer is a great deal right now.

· Registered
    443 Posts
    Limb this is ozzypop. I asked the question about the barebow and olympic. I have a Hoyt Excel and am thinking about moving up. I will just be shooting in my yard and maybe some 3D. I was looking at the W&W Winnex riser. then I saw the Spigarelli that said barebow so my question. What riser might you suggest in that $400 - $500 price range? I am looking for 25".

· Registered
    1 Posts
    i have a 32.5" inch drawlength too and i need about 42 to 44# at my draw... i had decided on the 27" rx riser and f4 limbs but am not sure about medium or long limbs and at wot marked poundage should the limbs be ? i am upgrading my poundage to use at 90m competitions so should be a balance in easy draw cos its a higher poundage and not loss of speed or accuracy... any inputs ?

· Registered
    497 Posts
    John,

Thanks for the lead. I sold the "National Champion" Bernardini to Steve Arnold.

Thanks again,

Mike

· Registered
    1,205 Posts
    John, if I may be a pain in the but....what do you mean reconfigured for ILF limbs. I thought all Oly style Risers would take any modern limb built. What did I miss?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…