Archery Talk Forum banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(5.0 - 1 review)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews Media Albums About

• · Registered
    173 Posts
    Hey my friend, I have moved back to Lake Sam Rayburn ! I retired pastoring so moved back to good fishing and hunting! Take care

· Registered
    5,662 Posts
    Well. Look me up when u ever decide to visit out this way. I'll take u to dinner.

· Registered
    5,662 Posts
    Maybe we can arrange that hunny. Ill be looking forward to giving you one. :hug: along with this!

· Registered
    5,662 Posts
    Why not. Pink is a fav color of mine. Had it given a camo option i would have that instead. Lol !!! How r u hunny?

· Gold Supporting Archer
    12,151 Posts
    I am not a fan of how AT has changed the way they post replies,,,,I liked seeing them all posted and opened up and scan over them......you agree ???

· <--- My first buck
    1,224 Posts
    By the way, I bought a new Z-7 last spring and only kept it about a month ... just wasn't for me.

It has a big hump at the end of the draw cycle that I didn't like and once you get past the hump the bow quivers in your hand for a moment before settling in.

Best wishes.

· <--- My first buck
    1,224 Posts
    My HCA Speed Pro has 7" brace height but is faster than my 82nd and my X-6 both with 6" brace heights. I shoot at 29" and 50# and all three set up at 50# shooting light 250 grain 3D arrows their speeds are:
    X-6 -- 316 fps
    82nd -- 322 fps
    HCA -- 323

Even with an additional 1 inch brace height, my Speed Pro is faster. It is the fastest 7" brace height bow ever made and has a 350 IBO speed. The 7" brace height Elite GTO was also rated at 350 but mine was 13 fps slower at 310 fps.

The HCA is very quiet and dead in the hand and the lightest weight of the bunch at only 3.5#. Still it settles in and anchors on the shot better than any hunting bow I ever had. I won a half dozen blue ribbons with it at 3D matches last summer with the HCA and previously I only won one or two per season.

The drawbacks to the HCA are: It tunes significantly left of the shelf center and the company and support system are awful but, man do I love both of mine.

· <--- My first buck
    1,224 Posts
    Merry Christmas to you too Mikey. What you shooting these days.

I am using a 2007 Chrome BowTech Commander converted to a shoot-through system for indoor target matches and a 2009 High Country Speed Pro for hunting and outdoor 3D matches.

I don't have a single PSE bow in the house anymore. I sure miss their forum and would probably still be shooting a PSE if the forum was still going.

You still shooting an X-bow?

Best wishes.

· Fat Jesus
    29,133 Posts
    Nah Mikey it's been slow for me up here in Iowa so far...I've seen a bunch of deer in the 120" range and a couple that might go in the mid 130"s, saw a 10pt about 150" or so that I probably would have shot if he would have been close enough but he got down wind and split. Past few days have been terrible slow, just a couple 1.5 year old bucks out cruising around. I did see a giant 10pt in town last week bedded down in the back yard of a local factory, he was in the 180"-190" range...Sadly we cant hunt in the city limits cause I had the green light from the owner to shoot him and I think I could have put a stalk on him where he was bedded at.

· Registered
    18,879 Posts
    Hey Mikey, sorry for the late reply, I never notice when I have messages until it's too late. I'm making my first trip out this year tomorrow morning, or actually I can call it this morning at this point. I've got a new spot close to the house. How's your season so far?
    All the best,
    John

· Fat Jesus
    29,133 Posts
    What's happening man, I havent heard from you forever...Not much going on here in Iowa, just waiting for season to get going up here...Friday is opening day, though I probably wont make it out....Still to hot and to many skeeters for me.

· Gold Supporting Archer
    12,151 Posts
    It's August 24 2010 with the full moon shining,,,and I saw a buck and doe in rut....Things happen real soon in South Florida.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…