Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bear legion reviews?

Bear legion reviews?

Any bear legion reviews?

Shot it and thought it was the nicest "budget" bow I have shot in a while. Just basing this on noise, recoil and vibration.

Just picked one up. I need to tune it, but the 40 arrows I just put through it make me have high hopes for it.
    Quiet, smooth, just a tad of hump before the valley and a rock solid back wall. 70 pounds feels like 60 or less.
    I can't believe how quiet it is with no added noise reduction devices!

i'm wondering what the cut off dollar amount is that makes bows "budget" bows? people need to realize you don't have to drop a grand on a bow to have a good bow and they also need to realize there are plenty of archers out there that can shoot better than them with their "budget" bows. i guess no one believes in getting quality equipment at a FAIR price anymore. sportsman tend to believe it's not quality if you're not spending a grand. i guess some people just love to be ripped off...
    2014 Bear Agenda 7
    - Spot Hogg Hogg-It Wrapped 5 Pin Sight
    - Trophy Ridge Revolution 2.0 Rest
    - Trophy Ridge 9" Static Stab /w Doinker QD
    - Trophy Ridge Arrow Cage Quiver

I've been all over the net looking at this bow as well and like the previous posts, people who bought/tried it seems to all have good things to say about it! The Carnage looks nice too and has some extra fps but is twice the $$$. The Legion is plenty fast enough for me and fits better in my budget. And like Camocop said, just because it's affordable, it doesn't meant it's not a quality bow! I know a guy who bought the Fred Bear Charge and he's more then satisfied with it and the Legion is a step up from it...

I recently owned the strike and it was by far one of the best bows I have ever owned comparing it to the Mathews switchback, diamond triumph, Hoyt maxxis, and pse bow madness, having owned all the above. I still believe the strike is one of the best bows out there. I'm eager to pick up me legion this weekend as its just an improved version.

Bring em in and put em down..

get them while you can. the word is Bear let 14 more people go ,and cut off some machining shifts as they ramp up there new line and increase there china imports . People when will we stop supporting big companies that put china to work and more of us in the USA out of work?it seems like escalade sports has sold there souls to mexico and china.

They are hiring at gainsville Florida my buddy just got hired and moved down there

I know that's just one person but...

Alls we can do is hope they stay here in the USA. Bears the second oldest bow comp. here. Fred will jump out of his grave if they leave the US.

Yeah I hear ya there they are one of my favorite brands and if they leave the states. That would be a huge slap in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Antleraddictpa1 View Post
    Yeah I hear ya there they are one of my favorite brands and if they leave the states. That would be a huge slap in the face...

they have been importing all the youth bows and most of the trophy ridge stuff for awhile now. as for your buddy he must be in engineering or management.

Cnc mill operator 1 position machining risers

After having some issues with an outbreak purchase ( compressor rod sheared off at the riser). I sent it back they repaired it and well same issue except rod broke off behind the locking nut. Make a long story short they replaced my Outbreak with a new Legion at no cost. I took the Legion down to the local pro shop ( Matthews dealer) and had him install a QAD HDX Ultra rest. Told him the story and his response was " Lucky they did not accuse you of dry firing the bow or mis-using it." Bow is smooth and quite. Dual string supressors aid in this. Installed the new Tru Glo stabilizer Tru TEC and find very little vibration. Bow is extremely accurate and accessories are just fine for someone starting out. I would recommend that like with any Bow you will want to shoot one first. For the value I think you can not go wrong. I can not say enough about Bears customer service. They did more than what was expected and that says a lot. In fact through the whole thing they treated me with respect and understanding. I will be a Bear Customer for life. As they say " They stand behind what they sell".

Quote Originally Posted by CamoCop View Post
    i'm wondering what the cut off dollar amount is that makes bows "budget" bows? people need to realize you don't have to drop a grand on a bow to have a good bow and they also need to realize there are plenty of archers out there that can shoot better than them with their "budget" bows. i guess no one believes in getting quality equipment at a FAIR price anymore. sportsman tend to believe it's not quality if you're not spending a grand. i guess some people just love to be ripped off...
    Agreed! I've never been less than impressed with my Bear bows.

Quote Originally Posted by mschultz16 View Post
    Any bear legion reviews?
    Apart from limited finish options, this really is a great budget bow.

Here is a great review on Bear Legion: http://compoundbowchoice.com/brands/bear/legion/review/

Quote Originally Posted by bluegill View Post
    get them while you can. the word is Bear let 14 more people go ,and cut off some machining shifts as they ramp up there new line and increase there china imports . People when will we stop supporting big companies that put china to work and more of us in the USA out of work?it seems like escalade sports has sold there souls to mexico and china.
    not sure where your information is coming from but Bear is hiring right now. they sent out a message on their Facebook page not long ago about having openings and are hiring. Bear is also made here in Gainseville, Florida....not China.
    2014 Bear Agenda 7
    - Spot Hogg Hogg-It Wrapped 5 Pin Sight
    - Trophy Ridge Revolution 2.0 Rest
    - Trophy Ridge 9" Static Stab /w Doinker QD
    - Trophy Ridge Arrow Cage Quiver

Quote Originally Posted by CamoCop View Post
    not sure where your information is coming from but Bear is hiring right now. they sent out a message on their Facebook page not long ago about having openings and are hiring. Bear is also made here in Gainseville, Florida....not China.
    Yeah, well somewhat also said Martin was going out of business to. If its on the internet it must all be true, right?

Just ordered a Legion today and can't wait to get it setup. I had a Strike and was really impressed with it so looking forward to the improvements on this new model. I decided to just get the bow rather than the RTH package so I can updgrade to better sights and release that what comes on the RTH package (good entery level equipment - just want to step up a little higher). When I comes in I'll post a review. Overall I feel Bear bows like the Stike and this new Legion are hands down one of the best affordable bows on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by bkcheeze View Post
    Just ordered a Legion today and can't wait to get it setup. I had a Strike and was really impressed with it so looking forward to the improvements on this new model. I decided to just get the bow rather than the RTH package so I can updgrade to better sights and release that what comes on the RTH package (good entery level equipment - just want to step up a little higher). When I comes in I'll post a review. Overall I feel Bear bows like the Stike and this new Legion are hands down one of the best affordable bows on the market.
    any updates.......did the legion come in....
    lets see a review
    "There's a good chance you don't like me. There's an even better chance that I don't care."

I bought a legion on Monday, but I'm in no position to give a review. I haven't bowhunted in 10 years.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Just received a Legion via UPS today. Had an issue with my bear charge, cam module kept snapping off. They offered to replace it with an Encounter. Shipping snafu, got sent to wrong address. Once they figured that out, they offered to send me an upgrade to the Legion with the RTH package. Although there were multiple shipping errors before I finally got the bow, I am initially impressed with the Legion. Have only shot a few arrows through it so far, but shoots fast and quiet with a very nice draw cycle. Nice tight groups. If it holds up well, I will be thoroughly happy with it.

Re: Bear legion reviews?

Love my legion so far. Quiet and smooth.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I love, mine had pse for while got a bear legion and i'm sticking with it.
    2011 QUEST PRIMAL
    PRO v rest G5 the rock sight
    B STINGER 8" sport stab Paradigm cta string stop
    Catfish custom bcy x strings Hotshot vapor release

bump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast