Archery Talk Forum banner

Diablo Owners Club

26K views 259 replies 51 participants last post by  WiscBH 
#1 ·
Hey guys and girls....
Seems there are more and more of us in 2006.

Let's sit around the campfire and swap a few stories.

So, what made you pick the Diablo over some of the other bows out there?

How are you set up?
Pics?

Pull up a chair.

#3 ·
Flat out the best shooter I shot this year. Tried the rest, Trykon, Switchback XT, etc. Came back to the Diablo, smooth, quiet, quick, can't wait to get this thing into the woods and try to kill some whitetails for the freezer. My signature shows the list of goodies.

Attachments

#5 ·
I'll have pics next weekend.

06 Diablo 26" 70#
TR Matrix 3 Pin: .19, .29(x2)
WB SQ DX
S-Coil
TR 2 Piece Quiver
HDS
Top Gun chubs
Scott Wildcat

And we'll keep a seat set aside for you Mike.
Shoot it and I have no doubt you'll be stopping by!

#9 · (Edited)
Diablo owners....
Send me a PM with a link to a high res picture of your set-up, and your physical address. Image should be at least 1600 pixels wide in resolution, with a white background (lay bow in sheet?), and bow horizontal in the picture.
Suggestion: Remove quiver for cleaner look.

:ninja:

#16 ·
diablo cam system

So are most people going with the one cam system or the "2" cam Hybrid system?
Is the Hybrid system more like a Bowtech or a Hoyt?
Thanks.

#17 ·
jwking said:
So are most people going with the one cam system or the "2" cam Hybrid system?
Is the Hybrid system more like a Bowtech or a Hoyt?
Thanks.
I have 26" draw. :tongue: I went with hybrid for the speed.

#18 ·
Within First 15 shots with my brand new 2006 Diablo and CF Radial X 200s, today. 20 yd Dots. Next time I'll remember to aim at different dots. I'll scan the pic tomorrow. This is a digi of a picture.

2006 PSE Diablo 65lbs
CF Radial X 200s (100gr tips)
TR Matrix
WB QS DX
SCoil
Scott Wildcat

Attachments

#19 ·
Here is a pic of the bow.
NOTE: Trophy Ridge Ridge Hunter 2 piece did NOT work with my 26-3/4" arrows.
My arrows were not long enough to reach. the Diablo puts the quiver holes at the very, very bottom of the riser. There was not enough height to the quiver or length in my arrows to reach.

Attachments

#22 ·
Well guys I got to say that the Diablo is a great bow. I went and shot the other night at my local pro-shop and most of the guys there are die hard Mathews. Well they took one look at my Diablo and they loved the grip and even had to shoot it. They were very impressed. These are guys that shoot alot and know their stuff and I do respect there knowledge. They said that I had made a very good choice in a bow and that the Diablo was very impressive. Will they turn to pse I don’t know but it was fun getting them to shoot the Diablo.

G
#23 ·
I just shot my new Diablo hybrid today. I like it a lot! I just got rid of my 05 vengeance today and I have to say I like each one the same as the other. I like the old phase 3 grip but I also like the diablo grip. I have this bow set up the same as the vengeace was. It has the trophy taker pronghorn drop away, hha ol-6000, limbsavers, and an s-coil. The diablo has a bit more jump than the vengeance did but I figure that is because of the lighter weight of the diablo. I was considering putting some nv's on it. I can get some black ones from my local shop for $40. Any other suggestions to help eliminate jump without making the weight of this bow equal to the vengeance, I really like the lighter bow. I am very happy with the diablo, and I got it for a super price.

Attachments

#24 ·
Welcome! Welcome!
Nice looking set-up set-up you have there.....

I have not put on the limbsavers on the limbs, instead I went with the HDS
I found the HDS to add just enough weight and deadens the bow.

How does your Diablo fit into the case. I have a Plano Bow Case I got for my last bow, but the Diablo is a LOT more parallel.
There is 'barely' enough room for the Diablo with Scoil with nut and Matrix.

Diablo is definately a sleeper bow for the price. Generally selling well below MSRP in most places, and shoots just as well as the 'popular bows'... hehe.

G
#26 ·
Shaman, sorry for the probable stupid question but what does HDS stand for? I am sure I have seen it a hundred times and I could probably look but I figured I would just ask. Does it stop the bow from jumping in your hand? Did you shoot the bow without it first? Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.